Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Film Still Views

Gregory Crewdson
I believe that Crewdson's work is a little bit disturbing. He uses a lot of nude subjects in his works. These subjects also have creepy looks on their faces. Most of his works consists of dark and eerie. That makes me a little uncomfortable when i look at them.


Tuen Hocks

I liked Hocks' stills because of how he used himself in the works. In one of his works he was laying in a box that was in the shape of the building behind him. I thought that this idea was very interesting and humorous.


Jeff Wall
Jeff Walls stills are of everyday people. It some cases it looks like the person in the picture was not expecting to have their picture taken. There is usually some kind of motion to focus on in the stills. I do find his still intriguing because it looks like normal people can take them.


Cindy Sherman

Cindy Sherman's film still are very vintage looking. They do not have any color, which makes me kind of not interested. Her stills dont really catch my eye because of the old fashioned style. I have more of a "love" for new colorful designs and artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment